Who among us has not held a ‘Stop Sign’ in front of ourselves?
Let us put that sign down and begin the journey we were meant to take! My beliefs are my greatest asset… and sometimes my greatest liability. I think I will examine them more often and do some house cleaning.
I recently attended a National Speakers Association workshop in New Orleans. Steve Gilliland was the main presenter and as always there were quite a few “take-aways” that I could apply in my business and my life.
One of the “Aha” moments was when he shared how in some of his efforts to help people through mentoring he has often witnessed them “getting in their own way.”
They manage to stay stuck where they are.
Uncovering limiting beliefs
So I decided to look within and ask myself the question “How am I getting in my own way?” Here is what I came up with:
1. Some of my beliefs are “in my way”
- I have to work hard to really be successful
- Strong people don’t need help – I can do it myself. At times I don’t ask for help.
2. I am playing it safe too much of the time.
I do “step out there” at times – yet I want to become BOLDER! I think of the question “What would you attempt/do if you knew you couldn’t fail?”
3. Time for fun?
Even though most of the time I have fun in my life and in my job, sometimes I forget to have FUN. I want to have even more fun!
So for me I will:
- Work smarter – not harder. Plan more, stay focused.
- Ask for help
- Be bolder – live out loud/be a little outrageous!
- Have more FUN
NOW – here are YOUR 3 questions:
- How are you getting in your own way?
- What are you going to do about it?
- What different choices and actions are you going to take?
Please take the time to answer these questions and then do something different to get better results :-)!
Love & Light to you….
Tip of the Day
Pick up the phone and call a relative or friend and tell them how much you appreciate them. Be genuine and ask how they are doing and really listen! That will bring a little sunshine in their world and spread some sunshine in our world!!
BE GRATEFUL and spread kindness – it will all come back to YOU!!