Sometimes we can’t afford the very best… but if you could afford the very best of something would you choose it?
Surprisingly many times we often don’t.
If you could afford the very best of something would you choose it?
“The last of the human freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances.”
– Victor Frankl, Holocaust survivor and psychiatrist
Which do you choose… to choose?
Everyone can choose the very best attitude! The price of the worst attitude and the best attitude is the exact same. But so often we don’t choose the best attitude, we choose a more negative one.
I am not sure…but here are my best guesses why we choose less than the best and how to begin choosing the best in the future!
- The best attitude ties into high expectations and that can lead to disappointment.
- We think people with those “best attitudes” are fake.
- Sometimes it is just easier to fall in step with the mood of those around us.
- I am realistic…no “pie in the sky” for me.
- I just don’t feel so positive about things.
If one of the above reasons rings true to you – you may be right. But you are probably not as “happy” as you could be.
Let me just offer this logic to you; most of the people who live past 100 years old credit their long life to having a positive attitude. With a positive attitude you will have more friends, be healthier and enjoy life more!
So how do we develop the habit of choosing a positive attitude?
4 Ways to develop a more positive attitude
Here are a few ideas:
- Write “positive attitude” on 5 sticky notes and place them where you will see them every day. Maybe one on your bathroom mirror, one on the dashboard of your car, one on you desktop, one on the remote for the television, etc. Every time you see a sticky note smile and think of a positive thought. We can make it our intention to have a positive attitude. This is how we develop HABITS which tend to make a huge difference in our lives.
- Spend time around positive people. Think of someone with a positive attitude and find a way to spend 30 minutes with them this week. Find time every day if possible to spend a few minutes with a person who has a good attitude.
- You be that positive person to your co-workers and your family.
- Be patient with yourself – it takes 21 days to develop new habits. Stick with it – you have so MUCH to gain!
Finally read positive books and listen to positive CDs. What you take in does have an effect; just like what we eat effects our bodies and our health, what we let into our minds effects our mood and our outlook.
NOTE: If you have an RV and are looking for a fantastic place to relax for a weekend or longer, give me a call. We have a 26 acre slice of paradise with a beautiful lake, pavilion, and 50 amp hookups. Plenty of peace and quiet surrounded by nature.
We help Business Owners reduce the stress in their lives, increase their Net Profits, and develop the skills and abilities of their Managers, Supervisors, and Employees to improve productivity.
Let us help you create a Strategic Action Plan to bring your business or organization to the Next Level! Give us a call at 985-209-7246.
Make sure to scroll down to the TIP of the day….it is a valuable one!
Tip of the Day
If you go slower you will usually makes less mistakes, BUT you will miss some opportunities! What have you been contemplating? What is holding you back from making a decision?
Until you commit or jump in nothing will happen. Is there something that you know in your “gut” that is right for you or your company? If so, make the decision and grasp the opportunity!
BE GRATEFUL and spread kindness – it will all come back to YOU!!
Book me today
Would you like me to speak to your employees, association, conference attendees or chamber of commerce members?
Simply give me a call 985-209-7246 or click the button below…