Sometimes if you give something away it will increase your sales!
One thing that works for me and many others is that when you give something of value to someone you develop a connection with them. I am not talking about calendars, ink pens, key chains, etc. (And I am also not making light of those items.)
Here are some examples:
- For an auto service shop it could be a free 17 point engine checkup
- For an insurance agency a free hurricane preparation guide or a phamplet “seven tips to reduce your homeowners/auto/ etc. premiums”
- Free consultation or coaching session for a consultant
- A distributor could provide marketing strategies to help increase the downline sales for their customers
- Financial institutions could provide free financial assessments for businesses or individuals, with a professional who could give them valuable advice
- A medical doctor could offer a medical newsletter with practical ways to improve your health
- A health spa could offer a free 10 minute massage
ONE thing has to be adhered to – you must focus on meeting a need of your potential (or existing) customer.
If your focus is mainly on turning this act of good faith into a sale you won’t be nearly as successful as if you are truly focused on your customer’s needs and wants. One of the rules that hasn’t changed in sales is that most people like to buy and hate to be sold to.
A sampling of products or services or good information usually doesn’t costs much.
So what is something of value that your business could give away?
Book me today
Would you like me to speak to your employees, association, conference attendees or chamber of commerce members?
Simply give me a call 985-209-7246 or click the button below…