“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.”
So what are the best kind of questions when it comes to your business?
Open ended questions
What is an open ended question? One that can’t be answered with a simple yes or no.
In my program last week “Seven Strategies to create Profitable Sales” one of the strategies presented was to ask open ended questions to your customers and prospects to find out what they really want and need.
I gave several examples that I will share with you.
Note: I usually ask for permission to ask a few questions before beginning.
My favorite one is “What is your biggest challenge or need in in the area that we provide products or services?”
Some other valuable questions include:
- What would it take to be considered for doing business with your company?
- What are your top 2 considerations in making buying decisions?
- Is there anyone else involved in the buying decision and if so who?
- Who are your favorite suppliers/vendors and what makes them valuable?
- Is there one area where your company has had trouble getting good service / dependable products?
- What additional product or service could we offer that would help you?
The next thing to do is LISTEN and take good notes. Answers to these question will give you a much greater chance of success in selling!
Tip of the Day
Value your time and your life. A good friend of mine, Lynn Guillory was buried yesterday in Plano, Texas. He was truly a good man – kind, enthusiastic, spiritual, and he made a difference in my life. Even though I hadn’t seen him in years, he had a positive impact on my life and for that I am grateful.
Think of how you could make a difference in someone’s life – and then take action! 🙂
BE GRATEFUL and spread kindness – it will all come back to YOU!!
Contact me today
Would you like me to speak to your employees, association, conference attendees or chamber of commerce members?
Simply give me a call 985-209-7246 or click the button below…